Sunday, November 8, 2015

Half Diamond tail braid

Start with a clean fully detangled tail, I had washed Reds tail 1 week ago. Today I started spraying tail with ACV, then applied baby oil or you can use MTG conditioner/detangler of choice. I sectioned the tail in layers applied oil and brushed each section.

Ok once tail is fully brushed and combed, find your top section I wrapped the tail under to make it easier to start banding my first row, also the oil is your friend if doing for a show I would use gel or hair spray quick braid to set hairs as I worked.
Starting at the far left working to the right start parting into sections I was able to get 6 for my top row. Adjust bands as needed for banded sections to be even and lay as flat as possible(this is why oil is your friend). Once top bands our how you want remove wrap.
Take the full far left "tail" and split the "tail" next to it in half band the full to half, then 3rd from left split in two and band 1/2 from 2nd to 1/2 3rd until you get to the last half next to far right and band 1/2 and full as you did on the left.
Now your on row 3:
This time add to your "tail" add a section from back of tail band new piece with original"tail" over top your last band, do this from left to right and then section and band like row 2
Row 4 repeat as above, do as many as you want.
Close up
Once I got to 2 sections I decided to run a 4 strand braid as red was getting tired of my not letting him swat at the few flys still surviving





No comments:

Post a Comment