Monday, November 2, 2015

Diy sport boots

Sport boots are expensive, and I'm one of those horse people that want everything to match. Here are some classic equine boots I dyed as the white turned more tan and to match my horse better. Just used normal fabric dye like you see in the tie dye section.
I will say double up gloves as you have to kind of rub dye in, trust me iv had to explain blue fingers more then once,
WARNING- this will also void the warranty provided with the sport boots. I have also had success with fabric markers in adding color.
Adding bling!!! I have now added bling to these sport boots my first attempt using glitter paint literally a week of painting layers of glitter to each strap was a epic fail as I thaught I would re dye boots for a brighter blue soaked dye over night and per dye instruction put in washer well all paint peeled off so I had some glitter ribbon I cut into strips applied sealer to keep glitter from flaking off and used no sew double sided tape to attach to straps,  then had crystals on rubber backing  that  I  attached with hot glue 




No comments:

Post a Comment